This product is for those who wish to obtain the very best performance from their PCP airgun set-up. Lane regulators are commonly utilised by competitive target shooters and serious airgun game hunters alike, however we also happen to sell regulators to a large proportion of customers who shoot for target practice, pest control or for simply having fun, plinking at home or in the garden.
Designed for both FAC (high power) and non FAC (low power) rated airguns, the working pressure of our regulator is fully adjustable, giving the shooter both flexibility and greater capacity for fine tuning and overall control.
Despite the Lane regulator being revered for its high quality and mechanical performance, the aspects taken into consideration during its design wasn't just for functionality but longevity and customer serviceability. The parts that make our regulator are of a size and shape that a customer can service without specialist tools. This doesn't seem to be the case with other airgun regulator manufacturers, so we often find this feature goes overlooked by the customer until the time comes for servicing, maintenance or repairs.
Depending on your power output, air reservoir volume and / or other airgun characteristics, users can expect all or at least a combination of the following benefits after installing a Lane regulator:
- Enhance your airgun's accuracy by eliminating the power curve (bell curve) as the air pressure in the reservoir falls
- Improve shot consistency over the full working pressure range of the airgun's air reservoir capacity
- Reduce noise or "bark" at the muzzle as a result of better, more efficient air usage
- More fun spent shooting and less time refilling your airgun
- Boosted confidence when competing or hunting
- Faster and more consistent air regulation (thanks to our specialist high rate coil compression spring)
- Fully adjustable and serviceable by the customer
- Considerably longer service life than other regulators on the market
If you're still left wondering "why are Lane regulators the number one choice to go for" we advise you to read our dedicated blog post on the differences between Coil Compression Springs and Belleville Washer Stacks.
YES, all of our regulators are adjustable for pressure by the customer "via the brass PAS (pressure adjuster screw) which is featured at the tail end of the regulator".
- Every regulator is pre-tested for leaks, reset speed and pressure adjustment prior to shipping. This is because the vast majority of sales are outside of the United Kingdom.
- Each regulator is pre-set to what the customer has requested, this is either via the order form (filled out prior to adding your item to cart) or via the comments box at the last stage of checking out (when you come to pay for your order). If for an undetermined project, the regulator will be set to a nominal 130bar "which is the most common pressure both requested and used worldwide". The output pressure will be marked upon the packaging header / specification paper which is included with your order. Customers are reminded that you yourself can adjust the regulator settings according to your wishes. To do this, please see the adjustment guide on the manuals and documentation page.
For this particular model of airgun NO you do NOT need to drill a breathe hole.
In most cases (80-85% of airguns) simple installation can be made by removing the reservoir end seal (so as to let the regulator breathe). Some makes, models and powers of airgun must have a breathe hole as it is not always possible to design or manufacture a regulator without the need to have a hole drilled (this goes for any type of regulator brand or model).
For customers who are still curious about the process of drilling a breathe hole, we have a detailed, instructional video presented by Robert Lane which you can view here on our blog post "drilling the breathe hole".
Dependent upon the details supplied by yourself during the ordering process (make, model, calibre and power of airgun) each regulator is sold as a DIY (install it yourself) kit and as a minimum will contain a regulator, spare seals kit and silicone grease. For other regulator kits, may / could contain all of the below:
- Spare o-ring seals kit for the regulator
- Silicone lubricant
- Standoff spacer
- Link to website instruction manuals
---and if required for your project---
- Drill bit or bits
- Outlet valve springs or packers